Hitchin Cricket Club is one of the oldest cricket clubs in Hertfordshire, founded in 1866. The club has been based at Lucas Lane, Hitchin, since 1946 and provides cricket facilities for all abilities and ages.
Bulk Earthworks, Civils, Highways, Reinforced Concrete Structures, Drainage & Services, Hard Landscaping
The Hitchin Cricket Club development involved the renewal of the existing clubhouse, construction of new all-weather facilities, and construction of a new development entrance and car park. We also updated elements of the site’s surrounding infrastructure.
- The main road works comprised of
- Bulk Earthworks – earthworks involved the reduced level excavation of the site, with over 9,000m3 of excavated materials disposed of offsite.
- Road Construction – the main access road was reconstructed to modern standards to facilitate an increased load and withstand large vehicles, such as HGVs.
- Drainage and Services – we added new street lighting to the car park area along with construction of a new car park, with spaces for 60 vehicles.
- Service Road – a new pitch service road was constructed from grass-grid road.
- Wall Construction – gabion wall construction was used to facilitate the level differences on site for the new all-weather pitches.
- Pavilion Construction – a brand-new pavilion construction was built for the club with reinforcement concrete foundations.